The faculty of Education of Al-Ajailat is one of the faculties with a high student density at Zawia University. The faculty was established in 1997 as a High Institute for Teachers Training. Since its establishment, the faculty has been keen to be a pioneer in its academic system and to develop its curricula to enable its graduates to perform their duties with full success as teachers for primary and secondary schools ... The faculty contains scientific departments in the humanities as well as applied sciences. Departments are: Arabic Language Department, English Language Department, Islamic Studies Department, kindergarten Department, chemistry Department, Physics Department, Mathematics Department and computer science Department.
The faculty has graduated a large number of teaching staff in all the previous disciplines to contribute in the improvement of society.
<p>The vision is a future aspirations by the faculty to achieve and to cover the needs of the areas around with a successful teaching staff in various scientific and art disciplines. The faculty, in turn, works very hard and sincerely to be a model and a pioneer in keeping pace with the application of modern higher education systems and to make the utmost efforts to push society towards greater progress.</p>
The mission of the faculty is as follows:
- Provide the community with teachers of a professional abilities in various scientific and educational disciplines to ensure the continuity and quality of education.
- To play an active role in raising the level of cultural awareness of all society.
- To achieve integration and cooperation between the faculty and institutions of higher education and production and service institutions through scientific research and educational studies to ensure the progress of society and its development.
The objectives are the outcome or results to be achieved in order to ensure the fulfillment of the mission and vision of the faculty and the university as a whole. The following are the main objectives that the Faculty of Education seeks to achieve:
- Contribute in providing the community with the needs of qualified teachers who are scientifically and professionally trained
- Contribute in the promotion of cultural and social awareness among the members of society.
- Holding seminars and conferences to discuss various educational issues that serve the educational process and contribute to the development of the society to the best.
- Contribute in the discussion of educational issues through the various media "audio and visual", which aims to develop the educational system.
- Contribute in raising the efficiency of teachers professionally and scientifically through the educational courses organized in coordination with the relevant authorities.
- To take care of student activity and to encourage talented and creative ones in various fields.
- Openness to various institutions of society and cooperate with them.